Broken Cup Holder

Does your computer have a broken cup holder? Learn how our Tech Woes IT pros diagnose the problem and fix your broken cup holder.

Broken cup holderBroken Cup Holder

So, you say you broke your computer’s cup holder. Indeed, the cup holder is that thingy on the side of laptops or on the front of desktop computers. That’s where most people put their coffee cup. Granted, some people use the cup holder to install software, play music CDs, or watch DVDs. Clearly, these are exceptions to the cup holder rule. Nevertheless, the computer cup holder is a versatile device. Regardless, it is a pain when it is not available for its intended use.

Following is a transcript

of a person with a computer cup holder issue and a totally clueless tech support person. Every self-respecting IT person uses the cup holder to store their Diet Mountain Dew or Red Bull, while eating Hot Pockets. As is my policy, I have changed the names to protect the guilty. Any resemblance to real life situations is purely coincidental. Or is it? Perhaps, it is a little bit of both. I hope you enjoy my goofy attempt at geek humor.   I welcome you to express your opinions and share your frustrating experiences in the comments below.  If you enjoyed this post, please feel free to share it with others. Thank you for stopping by.  Craig Herberg

Unhelpful tech support guy: Technical support. How may we humiliate you?

Unsuspecting tech woes victim: The cup holder broke off my computer.

Unhelpful tech support guy: The cup holder? Your computer has a cup holder?

Unsuspecting tech woes victim: Of course it does.

Unhelpful tech support guy: I see. Where is the cup holder?

Unsuspecting tech woes victim: It’s on the floor. I told you it just broke off.

Unhelpful tech support guy: Where was the cup holder before it broke off?

Unsuspecting tech woes victim: It was on the front of my computer.

Unhelpful tech support guy: And what was it doing?

Unsuspecting tech woes victim: You idiot, it was holding my cup of coffee. Wait.

Unhelpful tech support guy: What is it?

Unsuspecting tech woes victim: I see the problem.

Unhelpful tech support guy: Which is?

Unsuspecting tech woes victim: Somebody put a round shiny thing in my cup holder.

Unhelpful tech support guy: Does that round shiny thing have anything printed on it?

Unsuspecting tech woes victim: Yes. It says Microsoft Office.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.